Recent Newark High School alumni should contact A Call to College if attending a post-secondary program is in their plans because there are many opportunities and services available, including:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Assistance. Through workshops and office appointments students and families are helped with submitting this financial aid form and understanding the results.
- Award Letter Comparison. A service provided, by appointment, to students and families wanting to better understand financial aid offers from colleges.
- Last Dollar Grants. Need-based scholarships are available for eligible students. See our Last Dollar Grants page for more details and requirements.
All Last Dollar Grant recipients are expected to volunteer up to four hours annually. This provides an opportunity for participants to pay forward their appreciation of the program and its generous donors. Ways to volunteer include, but are not limited to:
- College Talk. College students are invited to return to Newark High School to talk with juniors and seniors about their experiences. Small group discussions and question and answer sessions help students become more comfortable with the college process by talking directly to alumni close to their age. Graduates benefit too from sharing experiences and offering advice.
- Grads Give Back. Last Dollar Grant recipients write notes to donors and other supporters, thanking them for their dedication to the program. In addition, some help complete specific office tasks, providing vital extra hands and time to large annual projects.
- Special Assignments. Recipients who want to fulfill their service hours, but cannot attend Grads Give Back or College Talk, should contact 740-670-7424 about alternative projects.